All who are involved in a playing event with Thistles regardless of where the event is being held must provide full medical disclosure in a secure but accessible way for use in case of emergency (Sealed Envelope System). This is the same principle as applies to Scottish Masters Hockey and Scottish Hockey international teams.
The Thistles Medical Form can be accessed for download here (PDF format).
In the Thistles' procedure please note POLICY STATEMENT 4: If you do not submit medical information in advance of the start of play then the event coordinator, manager and/or captain are entitled to decline your participation in the Event.
The full Thistles' procedure can be accessed here (PDF format).
Note: for overseas events you must also have medical travel insurance. Click here for the page on Medical Travel Insurance
SEALED ENVELOPE SYSTEM
Medical information is highly confidential and to ensure it stays that way we are using a Sealed Envelope system.
- Download the STMHC Medical Form to your device. It can then be completed on your device and printed or printed as blank and filled in by hand.
- Seal the completed form in an envelope and WRITE YOUR NAME on the outside. (Unnamed envelopes could be opened by mistake.)
- If the event is outside of the U.K. also write on the outside the name of your medical travel insurance company, their policy number and their emergency contact number.
- Bring the sealed envelope to the event and give it to the team manager (or captain or coordinator or whoever is acting as manager).
- The envelope will remain sealed with the team manager except in case of due cause. In such case the team manager will not willfully access the information but may have to.
- Collect the still sealed envelope from the team manager at the end of the event. You can then use the same sealed envelope for the next event.
Note: We discussed the situation where a member does not have a printer however the need for confidentiality overrides the inconvenience of finding a printer. If printing cannot be achieved please contact the event coordinator.
Note 2: The medical form for Scottish Masters Hockey is accepted.