Squad informed but numbers are back under enough for us to send the usual two teams and more players are needed. The Doodle Poll is closed however please contact the Secretary or Jackie Parker if you would like to go.
This is a more relaxed introduction to the Thistles calendar with teams entering from the home nations, Belgium, Germany, Italy and several from France.
- There are 10 teams entered the tournament, which will now start the tournament at 12 midday on the Friday 18th March. It looks like most of you are arriving on the Thursday evening. The tournament usually finishes about 3pm on the Sunday.
- It has been decided to enter only 1 team for Scottish Thistles. The names we have are: Alan Parker, Brian de Mattos, Cliff Martin, Donald Dunbar, Graham Dick, Iain Lynch, Ian Dunbar, Ian McCreath, Ian Pett, John Michalik, John Smith, Martin Petty, Peter Haines, Peter Klein, Rob Campbell, and Stephen Laux. Goal Keeper Paul Finch.
- We now have the meal details – please can you all let me know which meals you would like to book. Note there is a change to the Saturday evening arrangements, which will be at the clubhouse this year.
Saturday lunch: home made by Alain in the clubhouse 16 €
Saturday evening at 6.30 p.m. Apéritif with the participation of a band #collector in the clubhouse Free.
Saturday evening at 8.30 p.m. Couscous royal (Local dish https://everydayfrenchchef.com/couscous-royal/)in the clubhouse 20 €
Sunday noon meal: cold buffet by Alain in the clubhouse 16 €
- Match fees: if you haven’t already paid £30 to Payment is made by bank transfer with email confirmation to the firstname.lastname@example.org Account name SMLXHC Account 1
Account number: 10000980 Sort code:83 – 00 – 50. Those in credit with Thistles can request the Treasurer to allocate some of their credit balance. Please write directly to Jim to let him know.
- If you haven’t emailed me your travel and room detail, please let me know. Some players are looking for a shared room, so I can attempt to do this if I know who you are.
- Accommodation: Mercure Lille Aeroport Hotel, 110 rue Jean Jaures, Lesquin, Nord, 59810 If any of you haven’t found this out already, the Mercure/Accor website price for Accor Live members (which anyone can apply for) is the equivalent of €97 per night for a double room including breakfast and city tax. This includes the option to cancel for a full refund up to 7 days before the date of arrival. You have to pay in advance, but it might be less risky should we need to cancel. https://all.accor.com/hotel/1098/index.en.shtml
- The club are providing a FREE CULTURAL VISIT, at the museum « la piscine » in ROUBAIX on Saturday afternoon. Please let me know if you are interested in going.
- Insurance: Because of Brexit, Thistles requires specific insurance to cover squad members playing in an organised competitive sporting event in a non-UK country. This has been arranged through Scottish Hockey and each player will be charged £8 for this tournament. You will be covered from the start of travel from home, for the days of the event and for travel home afterwards. The travel has to be within a period relevant to the event and if you are extending the trip then you will also require your own travel insurance for outside of this period.
Some people may already have their own insurance; however, until the insurance situation is clarified Thistles requires certainty and is taking the cover for all players.
- Medical Forms. It is mandatory for all players at any session under the aegis of Scottish Masters Hockey (SMH) to complete the attached Medical Form. Please can everyone fill in or bring their medical form, sealed it in an envelope, to be collected by Alan for the duration of the tournament and returned at end of the weekend.