The AGM was held by Zoom on Monday evening and thanks to those who attended in "person" and those who submitted their proxy. Thanks also to Mike for a well run meeting. With all the necessary reports being published and easily accessible on the website the necessary sections were kept brief. That said, Mike also made sure that everyone had the opportunity to contribute and raise their questions.
The minutes will be published when John Lees has the opportunity to write them up. In the meantime some bullet points from the meeting
- Annual Fees kept at £20 per annum
- Shirt subsidy for all new members (and those who have not yet availed) to be kept running for 2023
- Ian Chitty voted in as Vice President. Chris Kalman was thanked for his role as acting VP for last year.
- All other positions on the Executive Committee were re-affirmed. Note: If someone has a skill or willingness to help run Thistles then you can volunteer and be co-opted on for the year.
- The club has decent financial reserves (historic reasons, Dundee surplus, well run financially) and the Exec was asked to look at how some of this should be used in the future.
Topics discussed included:
- Insurance. A letter was received by WMH and a discussion paper will be published to expand on the situation.
- Within Scotland. For 2023 into 2024 Thistles will contribute to the expansion of masters hockey within Scotland, including more at district level and the development of a masters cup.